Wondering what the weather is like here in Iraq? Well, let me tell you...it's hot. This first picture is from inside the up-armored Surburban we drive around it. Yes, you are reading it correctly. It was 128 degrees outside when I took the picture. Earlier, it was 130 degrees. The second picture was taken from ground level. It's just the type of terrain we live on.
Another picture of the ground. And here's a picture of the thermostat in our area. As you can see, it was well over 120 degrees IN THE SHADE.
Here is a picture of a couple of bushes. Not sure why I took the picture, but I must have thought it was a cool picture. And here's a picture of me with my latest haircut. I have taken alot of grief about it, but I think it's cool.


Here is an Iraqi river. As you can see, it's not a place where we go fishing or swimming very often.







4 Comments:
Hey, Bruce, Kristi sent me a link to your blog and I had to see what you were up to - not expecting 129 degrees - I thought Texas was hot after leaving Michigan!!
Wow! What a great site you put together. Thank you and the other soldiers so much for what you are doing in Iraq. I'm sure most of the Iraqie people appreciate you, as well. I pray often that the people of Iraq will know peace and freedom as we do.
I know Kristi and the kids miss you like crazy. I'm keeping you in my prayers for a safe and speedy return. When you get back, we'll all celebrate by taking the kids to Six Flags!! Take care, Bruce, and God bless. Yvette
Those pictures almost, but not quite, make me appreciate the Louisiana heat! YUK! I hope you have swimming trunks ready when that dry bed fills up with water.
I love your haircut, but then....I'm your mom. Most of all I love that big smile. I have that picture on my desk at work. It makes ME smile.
Keep the faith. I love you, and you are in my heart always.
Mom
Good Morning Bruce
I tried to e-mail you but I didn't have the right address so email me
at okhaye@sbcglobal.net...thanks!
Love you.
KAYE
Is 128 degrees your winter climate there?! Texas will be nothing compared to Iraq. Great updates.
Love,
karen
Post a Comment
<< Home