Saturday, July 29, 2006

Another visit to the IZ in Baghdad. Myself and my roommate, SFC N. were tasked with going to the IZ and bringing back some equipment for our installation. While there, we decided to take some pictures.

Here are some images of Baghdad on our way in.
SFC N taking some pictures. Also, this is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Baghdad.

Some pictures of the Crossed Swords in the late evening.
Here is a picture from the front door of a friend of mine that is assigned to the IZ, and a picture of Saddam Hussein that has been "altered". I thought it was funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce!! The pictures you've posted have been worth the wait. It must be hard to know these guys are facing this battle for the rest of their life. I'm selfishly grateful you are only there for a brief part of yours. My family will include them in our prayers as well. I love You!!
Karen

August 11, 2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the land of the living (tongue-in-cheek remark...sorry!). The pictures are great, as always. It's good to see that you are being productive, having your photo taken, and taking photos! HA! Thanks for the updates; they are so informative. Here's a cheerful thought: you can count the months till you're in the states on ONE HAND!

I love you!
Mom

August 11, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home