Monday, August 07, 2006

I had a pretty exciting week this past week. Last Sunday morning, the day after I returned from Baghdad, I woke up feeling sick. From that point on things got progressively worse. I couldn't keep food down, and by Wednesday the medics were worried enough about dehydration that they decided to call in a MEDEVAC. They flew me to Baghdad, and I spent 4 nights in the hospital. Yesterday they finally let me go. Not really sure what it was, but I think alot of Westerners that come over here get it. My symptoms were alot like food poisoning. The hospital I was at was run by a US Army medical unit, so I was in good hands the entire time. They took good care of me and I am grateful to be back at my duty station.

Me in my hospital room.

The view from the end of the hallway and from my room.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bruce.

Glad to see that you are out of the hospital and on the mend, although your photo suggests that your not quite there yet!

Please know that although I may not not send a comment daily, that you are certainly in my thoughts everyday.

Thank you for what you are doing!

Love
Deb

August 16, 2006 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for you each day. Also for kristi and the kids. Keep hope and your faith in Christ as your shield...Jeff Humphrey

August 23, 2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce,

Kristi told me about you getting ill. I sure hope you are feeling 100% better. Had lunch with kristi and Bailey recently. Was really nice seeing them. Austin was out of town. You have a wonderful family. It's like a cake, but the icing is not there yet. But when the icing (you) are placed on the cake (your wonderful family), it is delicious when it all comes together.

Elena

August 23, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home